News & Events
Since April 2012, nearly 10,000 pieces of furniture and household items have been donated. These have been distributed to over 575 individuals or families. We have also shared our inventory with several like organizatons and groups that also serve those in need. Below are just a few of the people directly serverd by the Lowcountry Furniture Bank.
- A family of 4 whose home was burned down by suspected arson.
- Several ladies from shelters have been able to move into their own homes with the help of community donations via the Lowcounry Furniture Bank.
- A 90 year old needed furniture in order to move into senior housing.
- One family needed a bed in order to take in a foster child
- A school teacher helped us deliver a bed to one of her students who was sleeping on the floor. That home also needed a couch.
- A mother & daughter fleeing an abusive relationship received dresser, couch and student desk.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 The Lowcountry Furnitrue Bank was featured in the news as we helped a Mt Pleasant family who lost their home to suspected arson.
The story was also featured in the local section of the Charleston Post & Courier.
On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 The Lowcountry Furniture Bank was featured in a story on ABC News 4, WCIV-TV Charleston. http://youtu.be/uKM8kgDeIAg